View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #139
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

[QUOTE=Scaethach;15782810]Knit RB a red heart santa suit?

For MadTosh - I like it, don't love it. I like my own semi solids though, so it's hard for me to pay $20 a skein vs. $6 for bare, kwim? QUOTE]

please do make one of those!

where do you get your yarn? I know of wool2dye and the cat one..the name escapes me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I actually donated 2 trash bags full of non-wool yarns I'd accrued over the years to a home for teens with mental problems, they love learning crafts I guess. I mentioned to a lady that volunteered there that I had mountains of yarn I didn't know what the heck to do with and she was like jumping up and down excited cause the kids would love it. I threw in tons of single point knitting needles etc. too, cause I can't remember the last time I used those...
I knit a bit on super long straights over the weekend for DD...so annoying..the ends kept hitting the arms of the chair I was in. she has all my staights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Life is too short for crap yarn.

Quote:
And onto important stuff from the walking dead...

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/21708...el-apple-crisp
nice way to break the tension

Quote:
It's about to go in the oven.
I sure hope it was topped w/vanilla ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
if you have concerns please pm admin, like you have been asked. She was responding to the post that you flagged in here not coops
how do you flag a post?

Quote:
I need some salted caramel dip for these honeycrisps. Obviously.

Binding off longies!
mmm, carmel and apples, yum! (way larger carmel to apple ratio though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Oh, and I think my boys are starting to look a little less alike. Here they are at similar ages in the same outfit.

#1 Novemberish 2009

#2 Taken yesterday - See the "evil" in this one's eyes And yes that is a horribly ugly flowered couch DH was gifted, but it makes a nice trampoline apparently no matter how many times you say "Go use the real tramopline right behind it"
so cute! nah, couch is MUCH better than a real trampoline, come on Mom!

Quote:
My caramel didn't turn out, I'm not sure but I think it's the darn costco butter. The stuff never acts right at high temperatures Pi still liked it on apples but it's super runny and didn't set right. I thought we were all done with our costco butter but DH found some in the freezer and that was what was thawed. Sigh.
no more costo butter. I've never had a problem w/butter. I just buy the cheapest unsalted they have. Walmarts is usually cheapest, so that's what I have most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
lol. I'll raise you a finished leg in a minute. ha! . Littlest boy is playing with stickers pretending theyre bandaids. Apparently I have a lot of ouchies and my arms are covered with stickers. Weirdest feeling to have while
Z but a fake bandaid on my arm this morning...it was like a dangle bracelt..for my boo boo's. Takin care of mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post

Working on getting my button shop going again, I really miss doing them. My shoulder has been out but feeling better and I am in therapy, so I am ready to get up and running again.

If any of you ladies want/need some solid buttons lmk I will do them FFS for you. ;0)

Is it spam if they are free? I don't like spam much either but free is good.
Only to the ladies who have posted in this thread previously please.

Have a wonderful morning ladies.
How sweet of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Okay, I'm back with pics. First is the Vintage Sweet hat I made for a birthday present for a stb 13yo girl. I made this hat in about 6 hours. It was a fun, fast knit. I don't like the decreases. If I were to make it again, I would do less decreases at a time to make it taper nicely.

These are some yymn custom longies I'm making. The mama dyed the yarn herself to match the "vroom" fabric. They will have a 12 inch inseam.

Oh, and not quite a wip, although I *am* the only one that feeds her. Here was miss Alaina yesterday on game day!

Love them all! Last is by far the best WIP though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylasMommy View Post
Anyone mind if I jump in? Over the next few months I will be knitting for a newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
after school I'm going to try to convince them to go to JA's to pick up fabric for their costumes. Lets hope it works
hope it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Drive by question. Can i block with stuff from around the house? I don't have a kit, but this shawl is in obvious need of blockage! So I'm going to finish up these last couple ends, and hopefully someone can tell me if its possible to use sewing pins and carpet
yes..whatever you have, use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
On the decreases of the hh finally!
finally!!

I finished my TAS hat this morning. DH left w/o letting me take pix of it on him though, he helped me move the boys room around for his lunch break. The boys were sleeping in the same twin bed since neither wanted to sleep on the top bunk, so I unbunked them for now. Room is more crowed but at least they will have more room.

pic of hat in a sec...not that exciting. I'll see if DS will let me jazz it up by wearing it