GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Adjusting the sleep 'schedule'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
Of course i posted and she woke every 2 hours that night. The nursery where DD sleeps is a small room attached to our bedroom. There's no door to the room. DH wakes up every time she wakes, but he says he eventually falls back asleep while I'm up with her. The only other place for her to sleep, besides our room, is downstairs, and I'm not putting her that far away. We have gone downstairs though during especially wakeful nights.

Yesterday we tried to keep her to more of a schedule like you described, Leslie. Last night she went to sleep at 8:15 in her crib!! She woke up at 10:15, 2:30 and then at 8:30. It was so nice to wake up at a more normal time without feeling like I wasted an entire day! And I actually felt rested. Using that schedule, how long do the wake periods usually last?
Elissa is almost 4 weeks. So generally you would nurse/feed, and then do 15-30 minutes of awake time after she eats, before she starts tiring. 0-4 weeks is like 15-20 minutes. 4-8 weeks is like 20-40 minutes. Look for her sleep cues... they're really easy to spot in a newb if you know what you're looking for and start to notice them in your LO. Many times, its that first yawn or first little fuss. Some babies get "aggitated" for lack of a better word where they all of a sudden go from happy, content awake to waving a fist or turning their head side to side, back and forth. Whatever E's individual flavor is, you'll soon learn. Put her down for a nap right away when you see the cues. She is happy drowsy and receptive to sleep easily at this point. Wait too long and you can get the crabby overtireds and those aren't fun or easy to get past to sleep.

So glad y'all had a better night and are feeling better this morning. . At 4 weeks, mine were generally in bed between 8 and 830. I got mine up to do a dreamfeed when I was headed to bed around 10. Mine were waking only once to eat, around 3 or 4. Then I would get them up to start our day at 7am. We did a 3 hour routine during the day until bedtime. Works like a charm here and for our close friends using the same structure. GL!
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote