View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
oldmomma
Registered Users

Sleeping problems with Extended BFing

Okay, I always thought I would be the momma who nursed a year and then weaned to milk. Which is what I did with DS1. DS2 I have been totally worried about my milk supply since I went back to work when she was 8 weeks old. Now, I only work 3 days a week but still. I have always nursed on demaned in the night to keep up my supply. Now, DS2 is 13 months old and I am continueing to BF because she is allergic to milk and I just don't think almond or coconut have enough calories or nurtrition to be the only thing and she is not a bing eater because she has no teeth.

Okay, my question. She gets up 1 or 2 times in the night still to nurse. Should I be worried about this? Am I doing something that affects her ability to fall asleep by herself? If I night wean her, will my production be nothing? I am no longer pumping, since I just couldn't do it any more and she is drinking almond at daycare.

How long should I keep going? I don't want to be a mom that has a toddler asking for milk or the baby pulls up her shirt to nurse on demand. (That is just me nothing wrong with the mommas who do that)
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote