Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
How to make it on your own?

My friend is really struggling right now, with one little one and another on the way in a few weeks, and a failing marriage. He is an alcoholic cheater, and she is a stay-at-home mom. She is only sticking it out because a) she thinks he will change and b) she can't afford to be a single mom.

She is slowly coming around to the "he won't change" reality but I would like some BTDT advice from some of you who have made it on your own, specifically how you left. They don't have a lot of money, at all, nothing "extra" at the end of the month, and they have a mortgage on a tiny house (both names), 2 car payments (both in his name), and credit card debt (all in her name).

Other than applying for state aid, which I have already discussed with her and which she would HAVE to do, how can she make it happen on her own? I mentioned putting aside a little cash every paycheck without him knowing, but she literally doesn't have the means with which to do so. They are strapped.