View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth and circumcision

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
We still used disposables at that time, but I second the other comments regarding gauze. Upon our doula's recommendation, we purchased a large tube of aquaphor to squeeze onto the gauze just to be sure that nothing from our fingers got into the open wound as it healed.

Our son was circumcised at his bris, so we were there for the procedure and immediate dressing (not sure how it works in a hospital). Personally, I would use disposable diapers or disposable inserts (like Grovia biosoakers, Flip inserts, or Gdiaper inserts) for the first few changes post-circ. Just thinking practically... they always say to clean blood in cold water, but diapers in hot water! Beyond that, gauze should be sufficient.

I didn't even think about this whole CD and circ! (I had a girl the first time) We are expecting a boy in November and will be meeting with our Rabbi to discuss the bris here in the next week or two. I plan to CD once we get home from the hospital and the stump falls off. I have only cotton prefolds, so I might get a few disposable liners or make some fleece ones.