View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
RainandRedemption
Registered Users
Formerly: windandrainmama
seller
seller

Re: Men that try to push sports on kids... what do you do?

Dh has talked to him and he "forgot", because a few months later we received over 15 new items for one team and a couple each for two others. I don't have a problem with reselling or getting rid of. I would rather resell because I know it's worth a lot, and we certainly can put the money towards something else, but I'm not great at making it a priority to get it done, so the items just end up sitting in a box in a closet forever. But I don't like the fact that the kids are receiving it all as gifts. I don't like the constant flow of things coming in and out of the house, I feel like it gives the kids the idea that things come and go easily, when it reality it takes a lot of time to earn the money for those things. Plus it seems like such an impersonal thing... when he knows we don't watch the games or care about the team, and they are constantly given yet another thing with the team logo.... it makes me mad. Why can't he try to give them something THEY like instead of something HE likes?