View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What to do when you feel like you're falling behind?

I'm so torn on what to do. My oldest is only in 2nd grade, but we've bounced him back and forth between public, charter, and homeschool partially since we've moved several times. Now just when our year should be getting into a good groove, I feel like we're falling behind. I'm not good at making lesson plan or a schedule and sticking to it, and we've gone back and forth between a complete workbook curriculum and Time4Learning/online. Lately between appointments, errands and distractions we've been doing very little school, and we still haven't even started science or history for the year. I'm leaning towards considering public school, but we're very particular with schools. I'm not sure about our local public schools, really, and know very little about them since we've lived here just over a year. I lived in this area my teen years, but I attended a private Christian school. I just don't know what to do. My husband won't give me much input and just says he doesn't know how to help since he's not here during the day. HELP!!!!

BTW, I have a 2nd grade boys, kindergarten boy, 4yr old girl and 2yr old girl, so PS would put 2 of them in school and only 2 here with me. Add to that the fact we are in the process of starting foster care, and things are only going to get busier.