View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
8 mth old vomiting, wwyd?

Ok here is the layout of what has happened the best that my scrambled, tired brain can do.

yesterday
6:30pm-bedtime. Drank about 2oz at bed (usually 6-8) didn't know he was sick yet.

Today
2am-woke up choking on his vomit. Tried to give bottle, pushed it away. Up every hr or so throwing up.

9am-called doc, gave symptoms, decided to drive in for a check

10:30am doc appt. Doc checked for dehydration. Said he was ok for now, give him a tbsp of heavy syrup off of canned fruit, let his tummy rest for an hr then offer 1 oz formula at a time every half hr for a few hrs. then offer full bottle.

Followed doc recs. He had the syrup around 11:30. Refused milk until about 2pm. Then had about 6 oz with the 1 oz every half hr (last 2 were 2oz each)

6:30pm offered full bottle. Giggling at daddy and acting much better.

7pm bed.

7:20pm...throwing up again

Now he has thrown up twice since we put him down about 40 mins ago. He is so tired...as soon as we clean him up he is falling asleep again. He has been extremely calm and cuddly all day, not like him at all.

Doc said to call back if he wasn't holding stuff down by the afternoon. Well, he did hold down the 1 oz bottles, so he has had some fluids. He has had (and held down) about 6oz of formula in the last 26 hrs. He has peed 1 time that I know of and had diarreah 1 time around 3pm today.

When would you worry? What should I do?? I am lost! We are an hr from the doc and a hospital. I just need advice, I am worried about my sweet boy!