solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: 8 mth old vomiting, wwyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
It doesn't sound like he is severely dehydrated... Mildly, sure. That's to be expected.
DS came down with a mild case of Norovirus around 9-10 months. Didn't throw up much, but his intake went way down due to lack of interest as well as low supply since I was sick as well. We gave water, pedialyte, and minimal pumped breast milk as he would take it. I remember him not crying (unusual), being very cuddly but uninterested in nursing, sweaty but chilled/feverish, and producing minimal diapers.
We just waited it out. Most of the time these bugs are pretty short-lived. I wouldn't worry that much unless his capillary refill time gets longer than 3.5/4 seconds (press your thumb to his sternum until white, release, then count) or he stops producing tears/saliva.

Does your ped not have an after-hours number?
Thank you. I needed a level headed response. I am tired and emotionally drained from taking care of a sick baby all day .

I will keep an eye on the capillary refill (doc showed on his toe, said 2 secs or less is good) and offer fluids when he wakes up throughout the night.

In the meantime I think it is time to try to get some sleep too...he will be up often (like always, but expecting more) and if it IS a bug...chances are good that I will get it too as I always get the bugs that pass through this house. So...I need sleep. Thank you!

Oh...and the number. If they do I don't know of it! But I did get a 24 hr nurse hotline number from a local mom. I wrote it down and have it ready in case I feel we need it.