View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
maramarrie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Roundabout vs Marathon

I have a Marathon Classic in Onyx and a Roundabout 50 Classic in Kathryn. I think the Roundabout is a MUCH better deal. Fabric quality is way better on the Kathryn fabric. The Onyx has a sort of black minky fabric paired with a silver/gray woven fabric. The woven fabric is frayed like crazy, probably from the velcro on the harness straps, along with velcro shoes and kid wear & tear. The Onyx seems "cooler" but I think regardless of fabric type, my kid would sweat (he used to have Cowmooflage, which felt similar to Kathryn, and he sweat in both that and the Onyx fabric). I find the Roundabout MUCH easier to tighten the harness and I feel that for $75 difference, I'd definitely get the Roundabout 50. It is VERY difficult for me to get the Marathon harness tight, and I'm not sure why. We've dealt with it since we first bought it. Repeatedly pushing against the same spot on the car's leather seat to tighten the Marathon strap has actually caused the leather to rip. It's terrible. We had an old, short Roundabout Classic before the Marathon and even that was much easier to operate.
maramarrie is offline   Reply With Quote