View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
ecomama90
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: need to get 4mth old on a sleep schedule.

My daughter is 6 months and she's always been a great sleeper but she did fall asleep early and wake up at 3-4am. I just started a routine with her. She's usually up between 6:30 and 7am and she eats and we play for a couple hours and then she's ready to go down at 10 until about noon. At noon she gets up and eats lunch and plays and then around 3-3:30pm she naps until about 5 or 5:30pm. She wakes, eats dinner and plays and at 7:30ish I start her night time routine. We start to turn off lights, or dim them. She gets a warm bath, a bottle and a story and then between 8:30 and 9 we put her to sleep and she sleeps till the morning. We are VERY lucky, she's STTN since birth but she did have a few periods where I think she must have been going through a growth spurt or just changing and she would just wouldn't sleep. It just took persistence. I didn't pick her up I just stood by the crib and rubbed her back or her belly just to show her that I was there and she would drift back. I found when I picked her up she would get more alert. I never had to swaddle but a few of my friends did and it worked SO well for them. Good luck momma!
ecomama90 is offline   Reply With Quote