View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #69
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Moma chat thread. Share, Q&A, all things chicken! <3 October <3

Lol, was just talking about that in another thread. So the first are due to start piping 6 pm sat. The double I have to wing it. Whenever I hear the peeps I'll make the tiny air holes. I put them in at different times so I have them sorted and have diff expected due dates. I found many to be unfertile, stopped growing, ect. So, I took the risk and added really healthy looking eggs at other dates. I found a great mini-book from the university of Miss, I think it is? It ways the moisture rate is better kept at 65-70 and then 70-75. At day 18, tomorrow, I'm gonna take the humidity up to 70. I have it at 65 now. Moma taught me a trick with a warm water spray bottle for when you have opened the bator to turn an egg. She hatched rare exotic birds. He had the best success rite I tell ya. I miss her, could have picked her brain, lol. Sh'd have been so excited about this double yolker too. BTW-It's doing great! I have another in there but I'm 99.99% sure it's not fertile.

I have the water dishes and everything ready! Gonna pu the mulch thurs I think. Have to go down to the shed and find what Ray did with my light. Need to cut to size a piece of rabbit wire to place on top under the blanket. Don't want anymore flyaways, lol. I really have to get another bin. Ray tossed mine a while back because I had it loaded down with trash from the property. it was too heavy to fool with dumping it. Our dump is set up odd. What a waste. I had the 2 matching ones, bigest they come I thing? They were perfect.

The girls production has dropped already. Went from 5-6 to 2-3. I wish the others had had a chance to start laying. It's supposed to warm up later in the week. Now it around 30 out with everything frozen. Todays high is somewhere around 40. Should be more of the same tomorrow, then it will warm up a little after that.

Cayden doesn't have to worry about snow days anymore, lol. He loved missing for snow!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote