Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #26
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The reason behind no sandwich meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
The problem (for me) with this line of thinking is that it just starts to make me neurotic after awhile. Like the beef example, or e. coli in the spinach...anything could be contaminated, and so what do I eat without feeling guilty or scared? I've had a miscarriage too, and maybe this isn't typical, but it didn't matter what I ate, I still ran through every possible thing that could have been my fault. I'm not saying no rules our no changes in diet when I'm pregnant, but I can't go down the "what if" road, and I'm very comfortable that we all draw our lines in different places.
This is exactly true. I try not to go down the "what if's" road when it comes to food in pregnancy either, which is why I said I don't change a lot about my diet. But, unfortunately, on this particular issue, I read a story a while back about a pregnant woman who contracted listeria and her baby died. I usually stay away from those articles and threads online, but I read it in an office and it really stuck with me. So, on this one, I can't help but think "what if?" I can almost guarantee that if I hadn't read that I wouldn't worry at all about it. It's kind of annoying to me actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
What is wrong with eating Caesar salad?
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking she is thinking about the anchovies in most Caesar dressing. I've never thought about that and eat Caesar without a second thought. I don't like Caesar that has a strong anchovy flavor though. Plus, I don't like any fish or seafood at all.