View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can baby's position keep you from going into labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
I think it can vary depending on each momma and baby, but yeah, I do think that a positional issue can keep labor from fully kicking in. If you've got a posterior baby, it may be keeping baby's head from engaging the pelvis properly and putting correctly placed pressure on your cervix. Body wants to go into labor but isnt getting that last little nudge of extra pressure that would help labor progress. All moms and babies are different and maybe thats just the way things are unfolding for you. I had looooots of prodromal labor with my 3rd who was posterior. When labor finally did happen, it was because he'd fully engaged in the posterior position. He was so far down (and big) he couldnt rotate.

I'd take it as a great sign that you can still work on position and spend a lot of time on the yoga ball, hands and knees and doing stairs.
I do think he's posterior and have thought that for quite a while, since like 36wks. Unfortunately, hands and knees and over the ball is pretty uncomfortable for me. Because of that, I didn't do a lot of it when I should have. If I'd known it would hinder me going into labor, I definitely would have sucked it up sooner. Even last night though, it was hurting my upper back to lay over the ball. I did it anyway because now I'm desperate to get moving.