View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #78
Registered Users
Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
Reading the original thread, I get the impression that is commonplace to know the state of family members and close friends genitals.

Seriously, I have a father, 3 brothers, 3 nephews and 8 uncles and I could not tell you a darn thing about their penises. I must live in some weird bubble of Victorian-era prudishness where one's privates are not a topic of regular, frank discussion.
I agree. Although, I don't think you live in a bubble. I think that discussions of foreskins are not nearly as common as you might think having read circ discussions on DS. I can tell you that I would be uncomfortable spending time with someone who spends a lot of time obsessing over other people's penises. I find the idea of showing your son's penis to anyone to show what an intact penis looks like to be inappropriate.

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
TO the bolded I HATE this comment every time I see it. It has been answered SOOOO many times here.
But, this isn't a debate thread or anyone asking for anyone else to show additional judgment. It was supposed to be a question where people could honestly answer how they felt, not another opportunity for intactivists to pick at those who don't agree with them.

I have been reading both threads and circumcision is one topic on DS that I routinely avoid weighing in on for any number of reasons. But, I have noticed on these two threads that no one has popped onto the do you feel judged for not circing and commented that non-circ is gross. But a few non-circers cannot seem to restrain themselves from debating the feelings of those who admit to circing.
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote