View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
1sttimemommy
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O: Santa believers, what do you do to make the magic 'real'?

We have the elf on a shelf, my DS loved it last year, but DD2 wanted to play w/ it. So since she's still all about babies DS and I have decided we're going to make her her own elf to play with before Mr. Sookie the Elf (DS named him) comes back to see us. We visit santa at the mall, mommy makes the cookies. My aunt gave me a special cookie plate for santa years ago, well before I had kids... but I can't find it. So once I do, we'll be able to use that. The nursery we get our tree at passes out reindeer food, and my landlord goes out in the morning and sweeps it away so DS doesn't see it while we're distracted w/ Christmas gift opening. In our house, Christmas is all about Santa. Mommy and Daddy buy you what you need during the year. Santa brings you what you want at Christmas time. Mommy's and Daddy's in our house do not buy Christmas presents. I tell the kids that they can either have gifts from Santa, or gifts from mom and dad. I'm hoping that saying that now will help if any non-santa kids slip around them when they're older.