Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #83
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Triple combo of meds already (including Zofran though I can use more if I need to but then the side effects set it) and still super nauseous and puking. I consider myself lucky because I can pretty much self treat my HG and get all the meds I want. (insurance won't pay for Zofran here though so I pay 5$/pill...) Need to research more on the hypersalivation because that's horrible this time and makes the nausea so much worse.
Oh goodness and that your 2nd tri brings some relief - has it with your past pregnancies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
We had a loss this past April. We are currently 9 weeks and 5ish days pregnant with our rainbow baby, due May 8th. So freaking out about this pregnancy. I don't even think that getting to 12 weeks is going to help me feel better! Come on May 2013!
welcome to this little group - sorry you fit here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
lilbitcrunchy just told me about this group, anyone mind if I join?

I have a 6yo dd and a 3yo ds. I had a miscarriage around 6 weeks in between them. I just found out last Thursday that I'm expecting again. I had a beta done and my levels are 33.4 today and I'm 3w6d (super early!) I was so nervous when I was pregnant with my ds after the miscarriage. It hasn't gotten any better this time around. Every cramp, every ache...every stabbing pain freaks me out. I'm just praying that this baby sticks and I don't have to go through that emotional roller coaster again.
I understand that if I didn't have that miscarriage then I wouldn't have my precious ds, whom I adore so very much. He is such an amazing little guy. I couldn't have asked for a better son. but I still miss my bean.

Also, my names Ashley!
welcome, and sorry to you too. I kwym about missing the lost baby, but yet knowing that you wouldn't have the LO you do have without having lost the other. It's a very strange mix of emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
First appointment tomorrow. Will be getting an ultrasound for sure!

Please, God, let baby be okay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Also, any other previous preemie moms get irritated when someone refers to their 7lb+, 36 week baby as a preemie
I kwym - I likely would maybe say she came a little early... but even then only if outright asked about when she was born, kwim?
Our friends had their DD the day before our DS2. Technically, she was a preemie - the Ped estimated her at just 36 weeks, possibly a bit earlier - but she had no NICU time, and no troubles with nursing (thank goodness!!). My friend very rarely ever mentions her being early, never says preemie, and really only when talking about her breathing issues (got RSV in her first year, hospitalized, and gets bad colds more easily than the other kids) - because that is a lasting effect of her having been a bit early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToJazmyne View Post
I have been stalking this thread since I got my BFP....trying to get up the nerve to join.

I have a 6 y/o DD, but before I had her I had a micro-preemie. He was born was 23+5 via emergency c-section. I am now 10+5 with this pregnancy and due May 2nd, but will deliver in April sometime.

I went to my nurse appointment last Friday and had lab work done and they called me with the results yesterday. Apparently, I have a UTI and low progesterone. They started me on oral progesterone and Macrobid to go along with the Phenergen that I am already taking.
and to you too, Mama. I'm due mid-April with this Babe and If you feel up to it, the April DDC is pretty great - though I still love posting here with these wonderful mamas who truly understand my worries and range of emotions!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote