View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do when you feel like you're falling behind?

Time4Learning has worked well for us here. We do it 4 days a week and then a co-op with all the kids one day a week. It helped me b/c I'm not very good with lesson plans and sticking to what is planning everyday. This helped me to do that b/c there's not much planning (as you know ). LessonPathways.com is another option, but it took a lot of planning on my part I thought - so it was harder for us to use - but you might look into it - it's free so not much to loose.

Did you not like the online schools/charter schools?

What's the main reason you are considering putting the older two in PS? Is it simply b/c you feel like the kids are falling behind? I would say if that's the ONLY reason that every season in life is different - some are busier than others. If it's just a busy season - give yourself a break and don't worry about missing school a little and feeling like the kids are getting a little behind. Can you take cheap workbooks to the dr.'s apt.'s for the kids to work on while you are waiting? We do this sometimes with the dry erase workbooks so they can trade them in the office or do them more than once? Do they listen to online books? Maybe you could invest in a really cheap MP3 player and they could listen to some online stories while your at different appointments? If you tried to think of things that made school more portable would that make you feel better about HS'ing? If there are other reasons you are considering PS then I guess you would have to address those and figure out what is best for your family. We tried PS here and we've tried HS'ing here and to be honest I don't ever plan to go back to PS'ing for our family - even if there was a season where we got behind...I know we'd catch up...do you feel the same way? Or completely different?