View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #62
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Annoyed at church member regarding her statement to me on BFing....Advice?

You could print out some great scripture for her to think on:

Psalms 22:9
"Yet you are He who took me out of the womb; You made me hope and trust when I was on my motherís breasts."

I Peter 2:2-3
"Like newborn babies you should crave - thirst for, earnestly desire- the pure (unadulterated) spiritual milk, that by it you may be nurtured and grow unto [completed] salvation; Since you have [already] tasted the goodness and kindness of the Lord."

Isaiah 66:10-13
"Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice for joy with her, all you who mourn over her; That ye may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breasts; that you may drink deeply and be delighted with the abundance and brightness of her glory. For this is what the Lord says: I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees. As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

I Thessalonians. 2:7-8
"But we behaved gently when we were among you, like a devoted mother nursing and cherishing her own children. So, being thus tenderly and affectionately desirous of you, we continued to share with you not only Godís good news ( the Gospel) but also our own lives as well, for you had become so very dear to us."

Joel 2:16 - Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

That last one even specifically says when you gather the people and the congregation, that it includes "those that suck at the breast". The bible speaks of nursing in many places, and always compares it to God's love. Never in the bible does it call it lewd, unmodest, or anything of the sort. It compares nursing at the breast to God's love for his people. She needs to listen to what the Lord has to say about it, and put her own prejudice away.