View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
DH asked to play Santa- WWYD?

Our school hosts a Turkey Skate every year. It is a day long event, where the entire K-5 school gets bused over to the arena, the kids do crafts and skate and get served a turkey dinner. Moms all cook turkeys at home and deliver them, we do gravy, stuffing, veggies, turkey, mashed potatoes, etc.... Santa always makes an appearance on the ice.

I always prep a turkey or two, and go over to set up the night before. DH always takes the day off work to skate and help serve. This was his school, and his grade 1 year was the first year they did this tradition.

Last year, DH was asked to play Santa this year. He, of course, is happy to do it. Our kids are 4, 7 and 9, and all believe in Santa. They know that the Santas we see are not the real Santa, so Daddy playing Santa is not a big deal. BUT, I know a lot of the families do not want their kids to know who the Santa is on the ice. It is all very hush hush.

My kids do not know yet that DH is to play Santa. I know my middle child, DS 7, will be able to keep it a secret. But, my DD 9 will be bursting to tell people and I am not sure DS 4 will be able to pull it off. Obviously, they will recognize their Dad, though, on the ice. The kids all clamber around Santa, hold his hands, etc....

So... when do we tell them? The morning of? The night before? Well in advance and hope they forget?