View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
My Mood:
Re: S/O: Santa believers, what do you do to make the magic 'real'?

Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 View Post
My DH got in the habit of making these phone calls for people he worked with. He has a good Santa voice, and the kids love it. Now, he generally gets about 6-10 requests from work a year to call kids pre-Christmas.

We did the videos, too, and my kids were too cute watching them. The anticipation and excitement when the elves declared them "nice" as a riot. Santa sent them each a birthday video this year, too (which I guess I must have put in their birthdates when we did the Christmas videos, because the birthday messages came automatically.

We have a key, too.

We do milk, cookies, (although sometimes Santa has requested a beer.... ), carrots, reindeer food on the lawn, have done the flour footprints. DD writes a letter to Santa every year on Christmas Eve and leaves it for him with a picture. She has done this since before she could write. I am sure we do more....

I have a Santa question, but will start yet another Santa thread...
Gotta love the big jolly guy.

I'm really debating whether to do the elf of the shelf.
Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote