View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #36
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone here have a vintage stove in their kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Mine is a Wedgewood. No clue on the year. I peeked around the back but couldn't find a sticker or label. It might be original to our midcentury house. We are renting so I don't really know every detail about the house.

I tried to take some pics for you. It looks like a more modest version of the one you liked on ebay, I think.

Has anyone told you lately what an incredibly lucky woman you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlsmom View Post
We do and its a colossal beast! It takes up a ton of room and is a real pain to clean because no self cleaning ANYTHING! but it has double side by side ovens one is a big one and the other is a small 1/2 size (great for thanksgiving to have turkey in on one side and all sides in the other oven. It's circa 1940s. The other thing I do not like is its electric not gas. But its cute and has a huge light all the way across the top and neat bake lite fixtures so we put up with it, I am desperately trying to do a 40s theme but my husband isnt interested. We also have an apron front farm house cast iron sink that he hates and I will hold onto tooth and nail!
I've not seen an electric one! Interesting!
I wonder if they had them with gas on top and electricity for ovens.
That would be my ideal combo!

I have a sink I am hanging onto as well.
If our house sells, it is literally NOT including the kitchen sink
I've moved it once before and will again. It isn't super old. It is one of those old double sinks with the built in drain boards on either side. I love it!
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote