View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #30
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Foods on the no-no list during pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
I ate everything while pregnant, including sushi (raw) and sandwich meat (though I usually microwaved it for a few seconds). There was a large listeria outbreak linked to canteloupe a few months ago, just saying sometimes you really can't know what foods are safe. I know most moms don't take any chances, I just am not like that. I also drank a glass of red wine once a week while pregnant, though I always had it with a large dinner (usually consisting of rare steak, lol). I don't think I avoided anything, except maybe a lot of mercury, but I tend to prefer low mercury seafood anyway like trout or mussels. I also didn't pay much attention to whether cheese was pasteurized, if it was made fresh locally that was more important to me. No flames please, I'm not saying everyone else should do what I do.
hehe. I think we'd get a long really well. I taught a baby care class and one of the moms heard me mention raw milk. She pulled me aside afterwards and asked me if I had had raw milk throughout my pregnancy. I told her yes and found out that we actually use the same farmer, lol. She had been afraid to tell the midwife because she didn't know how she'd react! But I filled out the diet survey that the midwife asked me to and made it clear that raw milk, sushi, and raw egg yolks are a steady source of nutrition for me. She just commended me for staying away from processed foods, and that was the end of that.

And seriously that whole "no ceasar dressing" thing is way outdated. Really, how many resaurants make their own dressing? Tell me where they are so that I can eat there!