View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

A couple favorite brands of pads I love are Treehugger minky pads and just fussy bamboo velour pads with wool backing. Both of these companies have great fitting panty liners too It seems like a huge jump to go from disposables to cloth.... Dont worry though, its a lot better and more comfortable.

You asked about cleaning: After using a pad its best to rinse it out in the sink right when you are done with it. While rinsing, ring out the pad and make sure you get everything off/out of it that you can. I then put the pad in a hanging medium wetbag. Don't shut the wetbag though- these wet things need air circulation! Another option for storing used pads is in the diaper pail if you use one for diapers anyway. I just wash all pads in the washer on hot. I use tide sport usually or ecos. I do 2 washes so they get very clean. In the dryer they must be on low or medium low heat. Even the wool backed pads can be washed and dried as normal cotton- they are just fine so dont worry. All pads can easily be air dried as well.

Hope this helps! I store clean pads in a plastic container with a lid on it under the sink. The container is roughly the size of a shoebox and holds pads sizes 5 and 1/2 inches in length to 12 inches in length.... I also have a ladycup as well that I store in there.