View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #142
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I know how to pick my battles. And in all honesty, I do feel the way I've chosen to do things are best, and that is why I do them. I know that I'm imperfect and strive to be a better person and mother daily. When it come to parenting issues, I do believe there are superior ways, but don't belittle those that choose different.
But, male genital mutilation, or what people in the US like to affectionately call routine infant circumcision, is NOT a parenting issue, it is a HUMAN RIGHTS issue.
I agree. I find it hard to keep my mouth shut to my pregnant friends about this one, because out of the three friends I've had that have had boys since I started researching this, they've ALL decided to circ anyway.

But I never tell them how sad this makes me. I don't feel bad for judging them, either.

I haven't felt judged one way or the other for leaving our son intact, probably because everyone knows the way that I am. I explained my reasons to my parents and they know that I research the heck out of everything, so no use in arguing. I don't know how they feel, other than that my mom was curious what my son's penis would look like because she had never seen one intact!