Thread: Vaccines
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

I do not vaccinate and would feel very wrong doing so on many levels. As a child I was terrified of getting "shots", I would cry for hours afterwards, but not because I was in pain. As an adult I am now terrified of needles and especially the idea of having something foreign injected into my body. It's not natural and it makes me feel violated, I still cry uncontrollably even while getting my blood drawn, I think because of the "shots" as a child is so deeply rooted. I will not subject my child to this fear or to the possible pain and side effects that often occur and are completely overlooked as not possibly being a side effect from the vaccination but just rather a "coincidence".

I worked as a CNA in a Children's hospital for two years and I can't even begin to count the number of children who were admitted with severe illness and had just received their vaccinations. Also the amount of children under the age of 2 with symptoms of asthma. At least in my hospital they could not diagnose kids under two with asthma so they came up with a new name for it, and when the child turned two, then it was asthma. A child so young showing signs of these respiratory disorders has been unheard of until now, and vaccinations have been tied to it.

I've also done plenty of research on my own and many of these vaccines are given with out good reason and at inappropriate times in life. There are many different strains of each disease/virus and just because your vaccinated doesn't mean you won't get the illness if you are exposed to it. What's the point of a vaccination if you can still catch the virus. And many times the illness is not life threatening unless you already are in poor health or have a compromised immune system. I believe vaccines further weaken our systems.

I can definitely understand why many vaccinate and why we should vaccinate but it's just not a great system right now and it may never be. I don't believe the health care system has us in their best interest and frankly don't care about reactions to vaccines and just push them under the table. Money is most definitely what they're after and I believe the same for many doctors. I'm sure they're are plenty good and reasonable doctors but 99% of the ones I've come across aren't great. And I've come across and worked with more than I can count on my fingers and toes. It's been a nightmare finding a pediatrician because I've worked with most of them in our area and wouldn't bring my healthy (and definitely not when sick) child anywhere near them.

I have many other reasons but I'm sure this is plenty long I just wanted to hit a variety of points.
aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote