Thread: At my wits end!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
At my wits end!

DS (21 months) has been waking up too early (before the sun rises, today it was 4:45am) for the past month! And he has started to become difficult to get back to sleep if he wakes in the middle of the night. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. CIO does not work. He just cries and yells & bangs on the walls until someone comes to get him. Co- sleeping does not work. I tried it last night & he woke up at 4:45 & attempted to climb off the bed. Not to mention that I am such a light sleeper that I cannot sleep with anyone. Before this started he had finally in the previous month started to sleep great. Going to bed between 7-7:30 and sleeping until at least 6am, sometimes later. (this sleeping pattern started when i cut his am nap, even though he still really needs it, he doesn't make it to lunch time with out a power nap. He often will fall asleep in the car during our errands or will fall asleep sitting on my lap watching tv around 10am) I don't know what to do anymore! I need my sleep. I tried putting up a push light above his crib for him to turn on when he wakes up & putting a book in his bed with the hopes that if he woke up too early he would quietly look at the book. That didn't work either.

Last night he went to bed great at 7:15. At 11pm, just as I was drifting off, he woke up screaming. He is teething so I gave him Tylenol & a sip of water & rubbed his back for 15 mins. He went back to sleep only to wake up again at 11:45. So I brought him into bed with me & he tossed & turned & finally was asleep around 12. He is a mover in his sleep so I was frequently woken until 4:45am when he just woke up & started to climb off the bed. I tried to get him to lie back down but he just fought me so I put him back in his crib where he cry & yelled & banged on the wall until DH got up with him at 5:30 am.

Help! Has this happened to anyone else? Or is it just ds? Any ideas on what I can do to get him to start sleeping better again?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum