View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #589
EmpressPurl
Banned

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Hey Fi! You must read the books! Much better than the movie. Movie kinda sucked. Yay for squishy yarn mail! What an awesome seller!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Hooray for your fiber shipping! Definitely take a pic of that when it comes in! I really loved the Hunger Games books, and was not a fan of the movie really. We saw it in the theatres but I haven't seen it since it was released on DVD.

I'm the same way for green yarns, it's really ridiculous. My local friend goes to Happy Knits with me and laughs every time I pick up a skein of green. For spindling btw, I highly recommend youtube vids of Abby Franquemont, and her book "Respect the Spindle". She is the undisputed goddess of drop spindling (whereas Fleegle rules over supported spindles and cobweb lace knits). For wheels, a good reference is Judith McKenzie's "The Intentional Spinner", but I think it's slightly above brand-new. Maggie Casey has a great video (that I own, here on my craft table) that explains the basics of wheel spinning to new spinners.
Loved the Hunger Games books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Thanks Savannah Now I just need him to stop heating plastic in a microwave so we can hit 50+ years together

FO pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
I hope It's good gotta let it cool and I think I'll put whipped cream too
Yum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Good morning! T minus 5 hours! Just trying to stay busy this morning. Only 6 inches left of the longies and I'll have fo pics. :0)
GL with the ultrasound! I loved when we were team green, my sweet Judah wasn't letting that happen while we had his...spread eagle and letting it all hang out...we're too knowledgeable not to figure out a turtle LOL!

Last edited by EmpressPurl; 10-10-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: dumbphone
EmpressPurl is offline   Reply With Quote