View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Vitamins make me sick

Not sure if anyone knows about melaleuca or not, but I was taking the vitamins for about 1.5yrs and then all of a sudden they started to make me sick. I stopped taking them and now that I'm pregnant I switched to the prenatal version and they make me sick also. I just feel like there is WAY to much stuff in the vitamins % wise.
I talked with the lady that enrolled me and she said they are designed so that you can never get to much (every time I take them I pee bright yellow for awhile) which means that I'm flushing $ down the toilet. This is what is in it..

For 2 tablets,

Vit A (as beta-carotene) 3000IU 35%
Vit C (as ascorbic acid 150 mg 250%
Vit D (as cholecalciferol) 200IU 50%
Vit E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 30IU 100%
Thiamin (as thiamin HCI) 8.5mg 500%
Riboflavin 10mg 500%
Niacin 75% 375%
Vit B6 10mg 400%
Folate 1000mg 125%
Vit B12 16mcg 200%
Biotin 300mg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 20mg 200%
Calcium 300mg 23%
Iron 9mg 50%
Iodine 150mcg 100%
Magnesium 150mcg 50%
Zinc 15mg 100%
Selenium 105mcg +
Copper 3mg 150%
Manganese 2.5mg +
Chromium 120mcg +
Molybdenum 75mcg +
Boron 150mcg +

+=daily value not established

other ingredients: Microcrtstalline cellulose, croscamellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methlcellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, stearic acid, vanillin

thats it. I take it with a full stomach and I'm sooooo queasy and get hot flashes. They did change something in the formula when I started getting sick when I take them. I called in and that is when I canceled my membership because I was only a member for the vitamins. I noticed something changed because the vitamin was a different color. The lady said it wasn't a huge change it it shouldn't have affected me, but it sure did. I can't even think about taking them now without gagging. which is sad because they are really good vitamins. But does anyone think that they have a little TO much of some things?

I went to riteaid and got a prenatal gummy vitamin and I haven't gotten sick with them. I def. need to get one that has more iron and stuff though...so what do you ladies think??

I'm eating my breakfast now, and then I'm going to try them yet again and see what happens...