View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do when cars speed down your street?

Maybe I'm odd, but I don't do anything. I don't want a confrontation. To avoid an accident, I don't let my young children play anywhere near the street. We play in the backyard away from where the street is. I have 5 kids 6 and under including 2 sets of twins who are 27 months apart. So, I definitely know what it's like to have multiple small children and we stay away from the street because IMO it's too dangerous to try to keep several small children out. Even if the car isn't speeding, they are going to be seriously hurt if they get hit by a car.

When I'm taking them out to the car, I carry them or hold hands to keep them safe. I do it one or two at a time if I need to. Away from the house, they go straight from the car to the stroller and vise versa. I always say, containment is key to safety and sanity. If we aren't playing, which we don't do by the street, I rarely let go of my kids.

I'm not at all saying you are doing anything wrong. Everyone is different and your situation may be completely different than mine.

I'm sorry you have a chronic speeder in your neighborhood. I wonder if you could call and ask the police to set up a speed trap. I have no clue if they would or not. It's just an idea.

ETA - I think that guy was rude. I think he's inconsiderate and wrong for speeding, but I also think he was rude to you. He could have just ignored you. Sorry you have to deal with him.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-10-2012 at 08:50 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote