View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do when cars speed down your street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldbedoinglaundry View Post
I completely agree about containment! I never play in the front yard. It is an issue when we are walking out to our car in the driveway.
I can understand that. That's why I take mine out 1 or 2 at a time if I have runners. Right now, I have 2 2.5 year olds and one is a runner. The other goes straight to the car. I make sure either me or my 6 year old (almost 7) is holding his hand or carrying him when I open the door and I put him and his twin in before my 4 year twins and 6 year old. (4 and 6 can get it themselves anyway.) When I have infants, I use a bucket seat because it's containment. So, I'll put the baby in the seat in the house. Then, take the toddlers out, leaving baby sitting in the house for a minute, then go get the baby. Safety gets complicated when you have many littles, especially if they are runners.

Of course, this is not to say my system never breaks down. I've had my fair share of toddlers bolting toward or into the street and me freaking out. Not fun.