View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Say something to the teacher or let it go...

DS2 is in first grade, he's a shyer kinda boy in school(not at home!) and gets nervous to speak his piece or stray from the norm.

He is also a slow eater, which is a good thing, but not in school! So 9 days out of 10 he will come home with at least half his lunch if not more still left and say he doesn't have time to eat it. Then he is starving of course and eats what's left after school at home if I say it's still safe(no meat/mayo etc).

I allow them(Ds1 and him) to buy lunch once a week. DS1 loves it and it's a big treat for him. DS2 would love it, but he mostly opts out as he doesn't want to stand in line....hence taking away his precious eating time, plus I think he is shy to ask the lunch lady's for things.

Yesterday he bought lunch and came home starving. He said they are always late getting to lunch. Seems that the teacher won't let them go to lunch until they are all behaving waiting in line. So if the kids goof, then they delay, wait until they all behave. DS2 is pretty good and is not a goofer. So instead of the precious 15 mins to eat, they then only got 10 mins. And this happens all the time. So all he got to eat was some raisins and half a corn dog. He didn't even get to finish his corn dog as time was up.

He is now getting stressed about this and doesn't even want to buy lunch even though he'd like the food, but he'd prefer to actually have time to eat!

Do I email the teacher? He's gone from the house at 8.30am, not home until 3.30pm and that's all he ate all day yesterday

Last edited by Leanbh; 10-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Leanbh is offline   Reply With Quote