Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*
This was posted by someone on a blog. I couldn't link it because it is actually a comment of how to make the original pattern but in the round:
CO 25 (29,35,41), divide sts evenly on 3 DPNS [you can use circular needles, but I found that was hard to do with such a small diameter cuff. Double pointed needles are much easier to work with in this case IMHO.]
1) Join last st casted on to first st, being careful not to twist the sts. K row
2) Purl row 2
3) Repeat steps 1-2 (knit & purl each successive row) for 8 (10,12,14) rows
4) [begin decreases] K 10 (12,15,18), K2tog, K1, K2 tog, K10 (12,15,18)
5) K9 (11,14,17), K2tog, K1, K9 (11,14,17)
6) K8 (10,13,16), K2tog, K1, K(10,13,16)
7) Cont decrease pattern until 17 (19,23,27) sts left
8) [ribbed cuff], K1P1 across row for 4 (5,6,7) rows. Double to 8 (10,12,14) to have a fold-down cuff
9) Bind off LOOSELY. [If you don't bind off very loosely, the cuff will not give.]
Oh, so one more thing. On step 8 of my list, when making the ribbed cuff, since there are an odd # of sts, the ribbing doesn't work, as you end up starting and ending with a knit. So, for the first row only, K2tog for the first st, then P1,K1 through the rest. You should then end with a purl before starting again with a K for the beginning of the next row.
Victoria, A.P.ing LPN, Mostly SAHM, Doula, and Wife to my prince charming Shawn, Mommy to Abrielle 07 and Annalise 09, and Luci 13 Lactavist
Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 10-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.