View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
McDMom
Registered Users

Re: Class Project: Why do/don't you buy WAHM diapers?

How much of your stash is WAHM made?
I'd say about 60% is WAHM made (my prefolds, fitteds and wool)

How did you decide to buy those brands (reputation, just fell in love, etc)?
Reputation and reviews are the main reason I decided on the ones I did. I think that is especially important with WAHM made goods.

How pleased have you been with your WAHM purchases (and why?)
For the most part I have been pleased. I research like crazy before buying anything I can't put my hands on. I need to see the diaper from all angles, inside and out and preferably on a baby. I also love reviews. If a product doesn't have enough information on it through FB, DS or their website, I usually don't buy, even if it looks interesting. Thus, I am usually very happy with what I purchase. When I have gone out on a limb and bought one because I liked the look but it didn't have any reviews, I have usually been displeased.

Why don't you buy more (or any) WAHM diapers?
As stated before, if the WAHM doesn't provide enough information and I can't get any reviews, I won't buy. Also, sometimes it is hard to wait for the WAHM to make the product unless I know I'm gonna love it. Buying used WAHM products is good to give me an idea of what is worth the wait. Lastly, I refuse to stalk stores.

If money were no object, but all other situations were the same (WAHM stocking schedules, uncertainty about brands) would you have a fully WAHM stash?
Maybe. Depends on which child I am diapering (I have 2 in diapers). DD2 is almost three and super tall. Pockets and AIOs work best on her. In my opinion, you can get better quality pockets and AIOs for cheaper from a "big" name but as far as fitteds and wool, WAHM is the way to go. That's what DD3 uses (8 months) and her stash is mostly WAHM.