View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
April customer kudos - save $20 on complete brush set!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
A comedy of errors.

Going to get my shot this morning was a huge comedy of errors, lol. I got to the office okay, and then I stopped in the restroom beforehand. Both kids denied needing to go, but then B started grabbing himself, so I intended to put him on the potty, but he had already leaked a little. No biggie, the bathroom had a blow dryer so I was going to rinse his clothes and then dry them off. They never did finish drying, though (I think the air was lukewarm instead of warm), so I ended up just putting them back on him damp and would change him into his spares out in the car after my shot.

Lydia had brought a play silk to play with, and she and B and another random kid were stacking blocks on the spread-out silk and then knocking them over. The blanket was left there when we went into the room to get my shot. We got to the elevator, and B was grabbing himself again, so we went into the bathroom again and this time made it in time, barely. Then we got down to the first floor and start going out the door, and Lydia remembers that she left her blanket, so we go all the way back upstairs and grab it.

Finally on our way again, I get out to the car and the first thing I notice is that my tail lights are on. Uh oh. The battery is so dead that the keyless entry won't even work to unlock the doors, so I have to use the key and do it manually. I tried to start the car, but of course it wouldn't start, so I called a local friend of mine and she was able to come and jump me. While we're waiting for her, the kids start climbing into their seats, and then B manages to sit on one of his fingers and bend it funny, so he's upset about that. Then Lydia suddenly says that SHE needs to go potty. So we unload and go back upstairs AGAIN (no bathrooms on the first floor) so she can go potty.

We get back down and are walking back to the car, and I see my friend, in her 13-year-old VW Beetle, across the way. She sees me as well and we meet up at my car. There are no adjacent empty spots, so she pulls into a nearby spot, while I put my car in neutral and start pushing it out into the middle of the way. Once it's far enough out that she can get close with her car, I grab the parking brake and pull it up, so it won't roll anywhere.

Meanwhile, my friend has her owner's manual open, and her husband on the phone, trying to figure out how to open her hood. I have my own manual open, looking at the jump-starting instructions (which were super helpful and even had a suggested grounding point for the negative battery cable). We finally manage to get everything close enough and connected and my car starts up fine, so we start to drive away.

But then I had to have her roll down her window so I could tell her one more thing. Lydia had asked, "Is she going to tow us?" LOL

I stopped for gas on the way home, and had to turn my engine off to fill up, but it started back up fine again after that, so I think I'm good, so long as I remember to turn my lights off. I HAVE a beep that sounds if I open the door and the lights are still on, but somehow I managed to not hear it yesterday or today.

Yep, I said yesterday. I left my lights on JUST YESTERDAY, too. LOL
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
I'm an Independent Younique Presenter. Come see natural-based skin care and 3D Fiber Lash mascara!
Join my team. Get paid daily, starting as soon as 24 hours after sign-up!
I'm also looking for "testers." Click here if you're interested in free stuff.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote