View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Class Project: Why do/don't you buy WAHM diapers?

How much of your stash is WAHM made?
Almost none. Currently one wool soaker and one pair of longies.

How did you decide to buy those brands (reputation, just fell in love, etc)?
Browsing on Etsy, saw a darling soaker. The longies were just the cheapest knit longies I could find on FSOT.

How pleased have you been with your WAHM purchases (and why?)
Meh. It's never been anything to write home about.

Why don't you buy more (or any) WAHM diapers?
I don't want to take the risk with my tight budget. While I know some WAHMs are amazing and turn out great products, some just aren't, and there just isn't the security that there is with buying a name brand product from a company that has to stand behind their brand and that has plenty of reviews and such. Plus, whenever I browse FSOT I see a lot of WAHM dipes that just look like they were sewed by an 8th grader in home ec. That's not the kind of quality I want to put on my child. Most of them don't hold their resale value like the name brands either. I do most of my selling on craigslist, and WAHMs just don't sell as well in a non-specialty market like that.

If money were no object, but all other situations were the same (WAHM stocking schedules, uncertainty about brands) would you have a fully WAHM stash?
No.

And can I PM you if I have further questions?
Sure.