View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Class Project: Why do/don't you buy WAHM diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Ok this is for a project in a business class I'm taking, so I hope it's OK to post this here. I figure doing it here, WAHMs can benefit too. I'm doing research on the WAHM cloth diaper market in particular.

I have to develop a Survey Monkey survey next, and I'll post it wherever it's OK to do so at that time (and will share the results somehow with the WAHMs).

There will also be questions for WAHMs, about their business, in the WAHM section.

Some starter questions ... answer some of these, or none if you just want to add your 2 cents to the discussion:

How much of your stash is WAHM made? none.

How did you decide to buy those brands (reputation, just fell in love, etc)?
n/a
How pleased have you been with your WAHM purchases (and why?)
n/a
Why don't you buy more (or any) WAHM diapers?
I am hesitant to branch out from what I know works well; I don't like wool, lol. I also don't like having to wait, customs seem like a pain, stalking sounds annoying; it's just not a user-friendly format when I have gone on to sites considering--esp. hyena cart, yuck! Also, I have read many negative stories with wham products. However, if there was something readily available and I felt like there was a great reputation and the price was good, I would consider it. I am not against wahming, per se, as I buy off etsy, but for cders, it's an investment and I need to know it will work. Just a side note, but I don't know of any cd companies that are "big box" yet, lol.
If money were no object, but all other situations were the same (WAHM stocking schedules, uncertainty about brands) would you have a fully WAHM stash? No. I like being able to get what I need when I need it. But if money were no option, I would def be more willing to try a few wahm cders.

And can I PM you if I have further questions?

TIA for helping with my project! This is so much more interesting than researching biotech or burger places! (Now I'm off to visit the Cottonbabies store, and 2 other cloth stores in the area ... I love Portland ...).

ETA: I really don't feel badly for supporting the companies I do--SB, BG--because, really, in the CD world it's not like any of these companies are proctor and gamble, kwim? Jen is a mom innovator; as well as others. Also, the stores I buy from are mom and pop, like KBTM, so even when not buying direct from a wahm, I still feel good about my purchases as I am supporting small business.

Last edited by dannic; 10-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote