View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #143
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I agree with you about all those other parenting issues. Everyone is different. Circumstances are different and in the end, all that matters is that we love our kids and do our best. However, when it comes to circumcision I can't be neutral. I used to be. At first I figured it was just a parenting decision. The more I've read and the more I've researched, the more it bothers me. I mean, it's legal. People can do it if they want. But it's disturbing to me that as a society we think it's totally normal to cut off part of a child's genitals. And so while parents are allowed to make that choice for their child, I will continue to politely and respectfully talk about it in hopes of changing other people's opinions about circumcision.
Precisely. We can "agree to disagree" on parenting issues, but circumcision isn't a parenting issue, it is a human rights issue, and one I refuse to compromise on. Legal now, but I have faith one day we'll see that all change. In the mean time, I'll do everything in my power to speak for those that cannot speak for themselves, to advocate on behalf of baby boys everywhere to help save them from unspeakable pain and trauma only days after being born.