Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Midwife gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Edible arrangements are pretty expensive, I went to a local chocolatier and got a gift basket made with lots of yummy treats and my midwives loved it
They are expensive! I might check out the local places and see what else is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018 View Post
Etsy has a lot of great birth paintings (that you can buy prints of) that would look great in her office, if she has one, or in her home. My midwife had her mother knit hats for her to give to the new babies. Maybe you could make a few GN ones for her to carry in her birth kit?

I think those cowl style round scarves are really pretty and in a neutral color would be easy for her to throw on when she runs out to a birth - plus, they are a bit more unique than a regular scarf.

ETA: the birth doll would be great - it can be a teaching model for her when she talks to younger siblings. I plan to get one when I become a midwife for just that reason.
She has an office and is in the process of opening a birthing center. Maybe something practical for that? She also loved the boob hats, so maybe I'll add a couple of those in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
If someone gave me a pretty hand made felted wool purse in vibrant colors with a cool toggle I'd love it. Can you make that?
I thought of a felted purse. I know it probably wouldn't look too great if I tried to sew a lining in a regular one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Want.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...education-doll
Creepy or cute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Etsy has lots of MW gifts. I plan to get my MW a necklace from Etsy.
I looked through the other day but nothing jumped out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff View Post
Well family tree glass has tons of gorgeous handmade jewelry, or a gc to a local spa, sweet framed picture of her and your baby to put in her office?
I thought about a spa gc too. I feel bad that I didn't get any pics of her and the baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
Actually, that pattern sounds pretty cool! Would love if you shared it! I think she'd like that as well. Either that, or a nice scarf! Cold months a com'n.
Link posted! It does get cold here, too!

I think I'm going to call her secretary tomorrow and ask her some questions about what she thinks she'd like.