View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #145
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
You don't have to be neutral or complacent on order to not engage in mommy wars. I don't think people realize how combative they can sound when they're trying to educate. There ARE men that have decided to get circumcised, and I'm not sure they would think they've been mutilated. There are definitely things I'm passionate about, but like I said before, DS isn't my debate arena. And if your goal really is to have RIC outlawed, come up with a plan to do it... and go for it. But in the real world, you have to learn how to work WITH people. You can't just come out the gate screaming mutilation.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I don't use the word mutilate either because it's offensive. But I do want to point out that it's totally different when it's a consenting adult. If I put ear plugs and tattoos and a nose ring in my 2 year old, I'm sure many would consider that mutilation. But for an adult, they consider it self-expression.

I really don't have a problem with adult men choosing circumcision. Just like women can get boob reductions or labia tucks (or whatever they are called). That's fine with me. But I've often heard the excuse that circumcision is better on small babies because they won't remember it-- implying that scores of adult men are going to be choosing circumcision and wishing it had been done at birth. I'm sure there will be some, but the vast majority of men I'm betting will choose to keep their foreskins and be glad they were left intact to begin with.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote