View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: recovery and taking care of a nb plus toddler

Will you have help for the first 2 weeks? If not, then do you have friends who could babysit your toddler during the day, even just for 3 hours or so?

You need to avoid lifting your toddler as much as possible. Start teaching her how to climb up to her booster at the table, climb up to the changing table, upto her carseat. You lift her more than you realize. Also a little stepstool can be helpful if she is having trouble. Keep a stepstool or similiar near her crib so when you lift her to put her in it, you are lifting from a higher position... it makes a difference!

Freezer meals can be a lifesaver for post-csection. That's the only way my older kids were able to get healthy meals when I couldn't cook. Papa is not the cook in the family and my sister was too busy helping and learning the ropes with the 3 older kids to cook.

Go to Dollar Tree or the like and pick out a few weeks worth of trinkets and busy big kid stuff to pull out when your toddler is getting fussy or wants to cuddle with you and you are hurting too much. Great distractions at a cheap price!
Be prepared to let the tot watch a little more tv than you usually want them to. It's just for a short time in the grand scheme of things and you need to heal to be the mama you are again.

If you are going to love on your toddler, place the boppy and a pillow around you stomach. Helps cushion your tender areas from the toddler's knee and elbow jabs.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote