View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nipples hurt soooo bad !! UPDATE

My experience w/thrush: I had it and didn't realize it for over 2 months. Basically, I nursed him with sore/painful nipples from 8 months to after he turned 10 months. I just thought his new teeth were wreaking havoc and he was also biting some at that point so I attributed the splitting skin to bites/blisters from new teeth. It was all kinds of painful and I just knew the problem would resolve on its own. I used nipple creams, neosporin, I soaked them in salt water, I let them air out, etc. I was trying to heal the wounds, not realizing there was an underlying problem. I called my OB/GYN and his pedi and they basically me it was probably time to stop nursing. Oh, sure. NOT!

It wasn't until my nips started itching and peeling nonstop that it occured to me that I might have some kind of infection. DUH. DS never had any signs of thrush at all, but from the symptoms listed on Kellymom, I knew I had it. My doctor didn't disagree and I didn't even have to be seen at the doctor, they just called in a rx for topical nystatin for me. DS's pedi called in some oral nystatin for DS because they said he could have it without having visual symptoms. Nystatin cleared it right up. He's 17 months now and we haven't had any nursing problems since.

Jenn
Mom to two little boys

Last edited by jenndoxx; 10-11-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: holy run-on sentence! lol
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote