View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another wwyd about school...(kids not college)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
So I looked in the handbook and it says unless its an immediate dire need they should do a parent teacher conference or other less strategic things first...so why didn't they? First step was no recess...she has 2 and got both...I don't get this. Says if I don't allow corporal punishment then the alternative is in school suspension or out of school suspension.

We probally don't have magnet schools here our school district is sooooooooo broke because they buy state of the art football equiptment and hope to have left over or donations for education...true story at least at smithville where I live. I'm considering switching to hatley which has a crappy sports league but has awesome academics!!! Ill gladly swap good football/bad education for bad football/great education in a heartbeat. But I have to wait...they are doing 9 weeks test this week and report cards come out on the 17th...
Yeah last year my 2nd grader was in her first year of 2nd grade and the teacher literally told her and us she would fail all year!!! So she kinda stopped trying...unless I kept telling her to prove the crazy teacher wrong...she told us and her dr that brylei didn't make friend easy because she was weird and only wanted to read and was too friendly...go figure...
i think it's definitely worth it to switch to the better school system. They can still see their friends on weekends. When I switched a couple different times it made all the difference. Gosh that so frustrating having to deal with teachers like that!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote