View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #92
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Selfish with your baby

I don't let smokers or sick ppl hold my newbies.

Other than that, I don't mind anyone that I personally know holding them, even when they are just a few days old.

I have a LOT of friends who can't have babies and really wish they could. I know it's hard for them to offer any kind of support at all to me. So when they come up to me beaming with happiness and tears in their eyes, coming to see my new baby, the first thing I say is ,"would you like to hold him/her?" And of course they do! And I try really hard not to take the baby back until they are ready to stop snuggling.

I also think adding a new life to a family is a family affair. But my family and I are VERY close. I love my dad so much, and he has held 2 of my 3 babies within hours of their births (the first one he was 5,000 miles away for), and he has rocked and snuggled them and watched them sleep on his chest.

I am so thankful when I have a baby that I can share that joy with other people who I love so much and who mean so much to me, and who have done so much to help me get to where I am today.

Sometimes I don't *WANT* to share the baby, but I know the baby will always wind up back in my arms, and in comparison, the time I get to spend with the baby will always be mountains more than anyone else.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote