Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She's here!

Adelyn Claire born 10/9/12 @ 3:25am 6lbs 4oz, 19in

Adelyn's Birth Story:
I was scheduled for induction at 6am 10/9/12. I had been having what I thought were very strong BH throughout the day Monday and I mostly just ignored them. During the evening they started to be regular but were still really spaced out. (I was in denial that these were real contractions.) A few of them I actually had to stop for but for the most part I was walking around and doing what I needed to do. Around 10pm more and more of them were making me stop but I was still in denial. I kept thinking to myself I just have to make it until 5am when my first babysitter is scheduled to arrive. I figured if i laid down they would fizzle out. At 1:00am I called the on-call and they said I should head in. I decided to wait a little longer. AT 1:15 I called my babysitter (cousin who lives right behind me) and told her I needed her to come sooner. I then called my MW and told her I was headed in. Woke up DH and we were headed out the door by 1:30am. We arrived at the hospital around 2:15am. The ER people were waiting for me and rushed me upstairs... contractions were 3 mins apart. As soon as I got upstairs the wanted to check and I was already at 6cm (I was 1 cm high and thick on Wednesday) and she could feel babies head and just barley feel my bag of water. Within 30 mins I was at 8cm and they were making me breathe through all the contractions as my MW had not yet arrived. When she arrived she broke my water and I immediately dilated to 10 and thinned completely. I was pushing (maybe 6 pushes) and at 3:25 am Adelyn Claire was born. Both my MW and the nurses said that if my water had broke on its own she would have been born an hour sooner. They also said that they will immediately be calling the on-call DR next time I go into labor. This is the 2nd time Dr./ MW has barely made it in time. Apparently my body really knows what its doing and my babies now when they are ready. This is baby #2 born on her due date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3329.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	121571  

Last edited by GooseBella; 10-11-2012 at 03:59 PM.
GooseBella is offline   Reply With Quote