View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #154
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Well, I'm sorry you all feel that way. Because I'm totally happy. I've just had my eyes opened in life in general and I understand that you gals are not going to see it differently as well.

I absolutely stand for what I believe in. I just happen to have re-evaulated again and I think circumcision is not a huge issue [to me IMO]. Heck I used to think people who CIO in ANY degree were abusive until I was faced with some things AND had some wonderful friends who did it and I realized nope, not abuse.

I feel very strongly about breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding [especially since I did it until my son self-weanted at 3]. BUT I've re-evaluated and feel it would be wrong of me to now say "I think every one should be forced to try for 6 weeks, and they should ban all formula bags, and they should only give out formula by prescription.

I feel strongly about the family bed and we did it until both boys transitioned on their own. However, after re-evaluating I see it really doesn't work for all people, and especially now being back at work full time I don't know if I could go back and do that again.

Basically I've just learned to each their own.

TBH maybe you gals don't like the new me because I'm not longer the stand up and hit people over the head person that I once was? I don't know of course, but say I seem not happy, well that's just silly.
And yeah, I admit, I'm pretty judgmental still, mainly against judgmental moms who refuse to live and let live. I guess if we're all allowed to be judgmental that will be my latest Who knows about the future though
It all reminds me of a quote that I read:

"When people say you've changed. What they really mean is you've stopped living your life, their way."
I'm glad you are happy, that is great! It makes a huge difference in your and your family's life to be in a better, happier, less stressed place. But, I don't think it is right for you to "lump sum" people together in one definition b/c we are still more outgoing with what we believe in. I am def. a person who knows that somethings are not meant for everyone. Believe me, I have MANY friends and all of my family members (except 1 sis in law) that parent VERY differently from me. I never mention anything to them about what they do.....obviously if they want to learn/info then they will ask. There are some things I did and didn't do with DD1 that I HUGELY regret. Did I do anything to actually harm her (fyi....never did cio) ? No. But, yes I will admit that I do regret not bf'ing longer, not bw'ing her, not cosleeping the first few months, etc. If I was more open and didn't feel like I had to listen to our society's "stigma's" of what you should do then I probably would have been more open and if I would have known about DS, then I would have realized I don't have to listen to it.

I guess I don't care about admitting my regrets and keeping them as regrets. Not just....I did what I thought was best at the time. I don't know, am I making sense?

And, for me I have never "hit people over the head" with what I believe in. Not sure if that is how you meant it. Maybe you were just describing yourself? But, then again I never got that from the "old" you either.

I wouldn't say you've changed, but you def. don't post the same. You're posts are all about "live and let live", "to each their own",..............or a bunch of kumbaya blah blah.