View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #155
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I'm glad you are happy, that is great! It makes a huge difference in your and your family's life to be in a better, happier, less stressed place. But, I don't think it is right for you to "lump sum" people together in one definition b/c we are still more outgoing with what we believe in. I am def. a person who knows that somethings are not meant for everyone. Believe me, I have MANY friends and all of my family members (except 1 sis in law) that parent VERY differently from me. I never mention anything to them about what they do.....obviously if they want to learn/info then they will ask. There are some things I did and didn't do with DD1 that I HUGELY regret. Did I do anything to actually harm her (fyi....never did cio) ? No. But, yes I will admit that I do regret not bf'ing longer, not bw'ing her, not cosleeping the first few months, etc. If I was more open and didn't feel like I had to listen to our society's "stigma's" of what you should do then I probably would have been more open and if I would have known about DS, then I would have realized I don't have to listen to it.

I guess I don't care about admitting my regrets and keeping them as regrets. Not just....I did what I thought was best at the time. I don't know, am I making sense?

And, for me I have never "hit people over the head" with what I believe in. Not sure if that is how you meant it. Maybe you were just describing yourself? But, then again I never got that from the "old" you either.

I wouldn't say you've changed, but you def. don't post the same. You're posts are all about "live and let live", "to each their own",..............or a bunch of kumbaya blah blah.
I get you Oh I totally admit regrets [personal ones for my own life like you]. Like wishing I would have truly tried to BF with my first among some other things.

It's weird, I've just found as my kiddos get older [no longer infants/toddlers but now children, things don't bother[?] me as much. I don't know if bother is really the right word. I can't find the right words, but basically in the grand scheme of things, for me personally again, some of the things that I was so 'do it my way' over, it didn't 'really' matter in the end. But I get that not everyone has that view.

One of the regrets that I do have and admit *is* judging people and being downright mean many times [here AND IRL]. And now it really does pain me to see some people [not all of course] getting mean. So I guess in that way, I *have* changed and want to let people know, it's okay to do what you want for your family.

And ITA 100% that my posts are more live and let live, let's sing by the campfire stuff Nothing wrong with that at all!

ETA: Meant to say, yeah I was talking about myself hitting people over the head with what I felt was right.

Last edited by Terra; 10-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote