View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #38
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O Am I the only one that had no idea spanking was still allowed in some states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Family View Post
For the people that live in a state where it is legal, is it only in private schools? I wonder if your (general you) child goes to a school where spanking is practiced, you could opt your child out of it?
Yes you can opt out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I don't spank my child. But, if my child needed to be spanked at school, she'd catch so much crap from me at home, her little world would be turned upside down. I expected nearly perfect behavior from her outside the home. She never once even had to change her card from green to yellow. (she would have been crushed)

Seriously bad behavior at school is not acceptable to me at home.

A child with special needs would probably not be disciplined the same way as a kid with problem behavior. A child who purposely makes a really bad choice can suffer the consequences that come with it.

Cops are a consequence of breaking laws as an adult. I'd rather my child learn the hard way in school than out in the world.
All of the bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Its legal here, but our school board has a policy against it. It was done in Indianapolis Public Schools a couple years ago by the book (someone else did it, it was witnessed, and parents were notified beforehand) and people freaked out, so even IPS has it against their policy now.

I see it as a tool of last resort, and if my own children were that out of control at school, I'd have no problem with it as long as it is administered by someone unrelated to the situation, and witnessed by another adult.

It is legal here and it is practiced in our school district. If my children went to public school I would check the box that allowed it. I'm sorry but if my child is acting in such a manner that the school feels the need to discipline them than so be it. The paddling they received at school would be the LEAST of their problems when they got home.

Last edited by AbbieJack; 10-11-2012 at 10:32 PM.
AbbieJack is offline   Reply With Quote