View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th

Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post
joining you ladies I've been lurking for a while. I hit the 12wk mark on Saturday & have my 1st MW appointment tomorrow (I do homebirths). I've got a little belly, so people I see on a daily basis have been told. I'm not out on facebook & I'm not sure when I'll do that yet. Looking forward to hearing a little heartbeat tomorrow.
Hey friend!!! Glad you finally made your way over
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Okay this is my first time around at this... but someone please explain to me why it seems to be practically a sin to be pregnant and want attractive clothing.

I started looking at mat clothing last weekend... Pants aren't overly painful... though half of them seem to add an extra month or two to my pregnancy. I HATE 95% of the tops. The drapey look is just not what i"m looking for... maybe when I actually have a big belly. Right now... NO.

And then there's a matter of a coat... it's hovering around freezing and snowing here. The midweight fall coats the maternity stores here have are just not going to cut it... not now and most definatly not in January.

I swear the next person who says anything along the lines of "oh just buy a few sizes up/plus size who cares what it looks like" is going to die. I CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. I already feel fat and icky why on earth would i want to get clothing that make look me worse too.

I shop at target and.consignment shops. I found some super cute things at a local resale place.

Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I just got home from my midwife appt today. So excited to hear the heartbeat! 165 Now it seems a bit more real, if you know what I mean, just in case the horrible morning/ all day sickness meant nothing, lol.
Yay for hb!! Feel better soon!
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I totally know what you mean! I keep getting this feeling that I've been throwing up and feeling awful for nothing! It was so reassuring to hear the heartbeat!

Yesterday I spent 6 hours in the emergency room. The morning sickness got out of hand again and I got dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down. It took them 9 tries by 3 different nurses to get the IV in. I'm covered in bruises today, but feeling much better!!
So, so sorry. Hope the weekend is better!

Afm: insomnia. It 445am. Been awake since 215.
Had an appt today. Bp was 104\68 & hr was 144bpm!
& I found out I get an u/s for free! Thought if I wanted a 20w scan I'd pay out of pocket $450. Nov 19th!!!

15w and feeling okay.
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote