View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shortness of breath - at end of first trimester...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
I would make an appt with a cardiologist. I had congenital heart disease and before needing my open heart surgery that is how I felt. It prob. is preg related but heart related also as there is such an increase in blood flow and the heart has to work much harder. My cardio says pregnancy is like running a marathon for a heart. It could not hurt to have it checked out and maybe have an echo done.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Just did that... they can't get me in until Wednesday, but it's a shorter wait than most places I suppose. My last "episode" of this business was a few weeks ago (when I started this thread) and it lasted 4 days then better. This has been 3 days this time so far... so I'm afraid by wed it'll be gone and I'll have no answers - and then when/if it happens again, I'll be back to square one with trying to be seen while it's happening. I wonder if they'll do a holter monitor since when I'm sitting perfectly still (like in the ER last night), it's not an issue.

My family has a very strong cardiac history. My dad started having heart blockages when he was in his early 40's... he now has more than 13 stents and has had 1 heart attack. He's not yet 60.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 10-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote